Thank You from Boise Braves MTB Bike Skills Camp at Jug Mountain Ranch
From our informal survey, BSC2017 was an absolute success!!! It was a fantastic weekend full of new and old friends, excellent food, great trails and fun adventures.
A lot of hard work went into making BSC2017 go off so smoothly. We would like to thank everyone who made it happen:
- The Food & Beverage committee — Anne, Clancy, Jen and Kevin — incredible efforts providing excellent hot food and drinks in early cold mornings, great food and snacks throughout the day and they kept the team fueled while never skipping a beat to serve close to 90 hungry riders at every meal.
- Thank you to Kevin for arranging Saturday night’s dinner with food from Sockeye Grill and Brewery, Sysco and Hayden Beverages. We look forward to dinner at Sockeye Grill in the near future!
- Our Logistics team, Bob, Joe, Jerry, and Ray did an excellent job organizing and setting up the tents, bike racks, radios, bike workstation and tools. They made Boise Braves MTB look well-run, and professional.
- Our Registration team, Megan and Stephanie, worked well together under pressure and got everyone signed in to camp in a timely fashion. Well done!
- Volunteer wranglers, John and Roy, signed up our student-athletes for meal set-up and clean-up duties. Thank you!
- A big shout out to the bike mechanics Kelly and Josh with Bob and Clancy doing double duty wrenching on bikes, with final bike safety checks and ensuring that the bikes were safe to ride.
- The medical team Megan (Nurse) and Roy (EMT) assessed and comforted those that fell off their bikes or had too many mosquito bites. Thankfully, with the team leaders managing risk, we had no major injuries this weekend.
- Skills coaching, which is our critical part of the program, was lead by Josh, Carolyn, Kevin, John, Bob, Renée and Andrew. These skills are the foundation for the program. We look forward to watching student-athlete skills develop throughout the season.
- Team Director and Coach Renée worked tirelessly since February to negotiate venue agreement, manage insurance, NICA Pit Zone registrations, payments, website and integration across the rest of the planning groups to really pulled the event together. Merci!
- A big thank you to all of the Ride Leaders and Coaches! There are too many of you to name individually, but if it were not for you, such an informative, valuable and FUN skills camp would not have been possible.
- Thank you to all of the BSC2017 Sponsors! Without your support, both in sponsoring the event itself and in your ongoing contributions to the mountain bike team, the BSC2017 could not have been such a great success.
Last but not least, the amazing Student-Athletes. Thank you all for coming to Jug Mountain Ranch and participating in the BBMTB Bike Skills Camp. You inspire us with your strength, passion and courage to try new skills. Your smiles are our reward. Without you, there is no mountain bike team, so once again thank you so much for your attendance and support in the Boise Braves MTB.
Just in case you were wondering, we have already discussed our interest for 2018 with Jug Mountain Ranch and they promise to have a location where we will be able to do this again next year!
Photos and videos from the BSC2017 weekend skills sessions are available on our team Facebook site under Boise Braves MTB Team (NICA). Please share your best photos.
What a truly inspiring weekend! We look forward to an incredible season and can’t wait for our first official practice on 1 July 2017 at Camel’s Back Park.