It’s hard to believe we only have one more race before State Championships at Bogus Basin on the 14th of October. Just a reminder to invite you friends and extended family to Bogus for our final race of the season!
Back to Magic: This weekend we line up at Magic Mountain which continues to be a new venue for the team. We are planning to use the fire pits with other teams on Friday night for a multi-team social after our pasta team dinner. Many teams will be coming in from other campgrounds to join us. Should be fun!
Friday looks great, but let’s hope the winds keep blowing the rain showers to Sunday. Here is the forecast today:
Once again, appropriate clothing and gear will make this event a truly fun and enjoyable experience! Pack extra and decide what to wear when you get there.
Here are the Details for this weekend :
- Race Flyer – Viewing the race flyer before you leave town is a MUST do and it’s always found HERE, and http://www.idahomtb.org/race-series/
- Once again, changes have been made to this weekend’s IICL race schedule
- Boys start at 9:00 AM
- No Internet or Phone Service at this venue! Emergency calls can be made from Magic Mountain Lodge and the top of Petit Mountain.
- Additional GEAR again – Be prepared and pack extra for this weekend.
- Riding in possible rain on Saturday, Race Day. Have a rain jacket and extra layers to choose from. Have warm dry clothes in the BBMTB Pit Zone to change into after your race.
- Make sure you have water packed for weekend! Water is in area, but not confirmed that it is potable in camping area.
- VOLUNTEERS are always critical to the team’s success.
- If you are a parent and have not volunteered yet this season, this is definitely the time to do so.
- Race venue will be ten minutes from camping and NO Internet or phone service, we will once again need your extra attention for support.
- Sign-up for BBMTB Team Volunteer positions HERE
- Volunteer for Idaho League Race Operations HERE
- We need five (5) more IICL volunteers as of this morning!
- Take the time to sign up for Bogus before your dream volunteer position gets taken!
- Bikes and any large gear will be left in the BBMTB Team Pit Zone Friday night.
- Cable locks and security for gear will be provided.
- Friday night dinner will be provided by the team in Diamondfield Jack campground at 7:00 PM
- Pre-race past dinner with Anne’s famous spaghetti sauce. (GF/DF options available)
- All team members and family members are welcome. No charge.
- RV’s are welcome, please share if you have extra space or amenities.
- Look for Team banner on a 10 x 10 tent and “BBMTB” signs
- Plan to stake your tent. Winds gusts to 21 mph expected.
3 h 5 min (163 miles) via I-84 E
Once again, we will do our best to get this location on Thursday evening. Please watch your alerts for any changes.
- As you drive into the venue on Friday. Please drop your racer/s off at Magic Lodge for pre-ride if you are running late, and then continue to campground for set-up. You will cross the race course twice, please look for riders if course marshals are not in place yet.
- Saturday morning – If you are staying at a hotel or in Twin Falls, please park near our campsite in the main parking area and take the shuttle over to the race area.
- Boys race starts at 9:00 AM and all other racers should be in the Pit Zone at this time supporting their teammates, getting their bikes to the team mechanic for a run through and preparing for warm-up.
- All student-athletes that are racing are required to have their bikes checked over by one of the team mechanics on Saturday morning prior to their race start.
IMPORTANT ADVICE from IICL
- Once again, we advise that everyone set up in their team Pit Zone on Friday and leave all large equipment and bikes in the Pit Zone. IICL staff will be camping overnight at this location for security.
- Shuttles will be available from Diamondfield Jack parking area.
- Cancellation Policy – http://www.idahomtb.org/wp-content/uploads/idaho-league-weather-and-air-quality-protocol.pdf
- Races are held on their scheduled dates unless the race course on the day of the race is deemed unrideable and dangerous.
As always, we are grateful for our Team Sponsors!