Team: www.boisemtb.org Boise Braves MTB Team (BBMTB)
State: www.idahomtb.org Idaho Interscholastic Cycling League (IICL)
National: www.nationalmtb.org National Interscholastic Cycling League (NICA)
❑ Step 1: Complete New Student Athlete Registration Form at boisemtb.org/team-registration. You will receive an email invite from the Team Director to enter your information into TeamSnap.
❑ Step 2: TeamSnap – Team Communications Platform http://www.teamsnap.com
Team roster, schedule, team peer messaging, event reminders, RSVP for events, photo sharing, etc.
>>> You will receive an email invite from the Team Director to NICA Pit Zone, unless you are areturning Student Athlete; then you just need to log in and get Race Ready! <<<
❑ Step 3: Be “Practice Ready” in NICA Pit Zone before attending team events.
- IMPORTANT: Parents attending overnight events or practices, must complete a background check ($25) in NICA Pit Zone. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an invite separate from student-athlete. Scholarships available.
- Coaches & Ride Leaders – please make sure you have a check next to your name in NICA Pit Zone prior to your first event with team.
- NICA Pit Zone – www.pitzone.nationalmtb.org
Register with NICA, our national governing body, the National Interscholastic Cycling Association. ($25 Membership Fee) AND Register with IICL ($25 Middle School / $45 High School). Invites have been sent out. Request yours today.
***Need help? Go to Registration Open House at Longfellow Elementary School on 30 April at 6-7:00 PM***
❑ Step 4: Register for Desert Dirt ShredFest Fundraiser at DesertDirtShredfest.com
The Desert Dirt Shredfest event is a Fundraiser, fun ride, bike safety check and social to meet Coaches and other student-athletes in the Idaho league. Help us fund BBMTB Bike Skills Camp, Team Trailer and our Loaner Bike program.
Saturday, 19 May 2018 at 8:30 AM ($15 Registration)
❑ Step 5: Pay BBMTB Team of dues of $225 by June 1, 2018 or make other arrangements! Team dues can be dropped off to World Cycles, 1407 W State St, Boise, ID 83702, during regular store hours: Mon-Fri 7am-6pm, Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 12pm-5pm.
Please make your check payable to: BBMTB Team or by credit card (3% fee added)
❑ Step 6: World Cycles for all your biking needs. Fit kits are available to record sizes for team riding kit*. Get a “Bike Safety Check” before your first event. Free at World Cycles.
World Cycles Open House on May 8th. Arrive anytime between 3:00-7:00 pm.
*2018 BBMTB Team Jersey is required by NICA for racing and included in your team dues. Order online with team coupon code at BBMTB Team Store at https://boisemtb.org/gear/ Look for password & team code on Team Snap coming soon!
❑ Step 7: Pre-Register for BBMTB Bike Skills Camp to be held on June 22-24 at Jug Mountain Ranch by simply marking your AVAILABILITY on Team Snap. If you need help, ASK!
- This is the marquee event of the season. REQUIRED FOR ALL NEW MEMBERS! Plan for an exciting weekend of camping, camaraderie, on-the-bike skills training, great food, games, and of course a lot of mountain biking fun. Carpooling and bike transfer available.
- More details to be posted on BBMTB Team Snap. (Cost $75 depending on
***For any conflicts on the calendar, please contact your Head Coach, email@example.com***
❑ Step 8: Review the 2018 Parent Quick Resource Guide
- EXTRA – Need a bike for the season?
- Loaner Bike program through the Idaho League has applications that must be turned in by 15 June 2017
- Go HERE
- Requires signature from TD or Head Coach. Please plan ahead.
❑ Step 9: Sign Student-Athlete Agreement
This includes sign-up for parent Volunteer Commitment of 8+ hours for season, School waivers and Physicals.
❑ Step 10: Plan to attend the BBMTB Parent Social on June 15th (details on Team Snap!)
Get ready to have FUN!
***Please do not let anything on this list hold you or your student-athlete back from participating on the team. We are here to assist and have returning parents that are also available to give advice. We have scholarships available if needed and are also starting to build a loaner bike fleet for the team.