Purchasing the latest high-end race equipment can become very expensive very quickly. While it is fun to be on an expensive carbon XC race bike, it is absolutely not necessary. If you do not currently own a bike, apply for the IICL Loaner Bike Program on July 1, 2017 or reach out to our coaches for assistance in selecting a bike. We can assist in selecting a bike suitable for your budget and riding goals. Contact email@example.com if interested.
- Sunglasses (eye protection)
- Team jersey (kit)
- Team bibs or shorts
- Water bottle or pack with water reservoir
- Spare tube(s)
- Hand pump
The “nice-to-have” items can come from your regular wardrobe or within the cycling community.
- Additional jerseys and bibs (kits)
- CO2 cartridges for tire inflation
- Jacket(s) for wind, cold and/or rainy conditions
- Camping gear. Idaho League is proud of its “camping culture.” With 4 of 5 races out of town camping is a great part of the experience. Athletes need standard gear to be comfortable sleeping outside in tents at the race venue.
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad (very important for warmth & comfort)
- Headlamp or Flashlight
- Dopp Kit (toothbrush, etc.)
- Warm Winter Hat & Sun Hat
- Pants, Shorts, Long & Short Sleeve Shirts, Underwear & Socks
- Swimsuit (just in case)
- Wind/Rain Jacket
- Insulating Jacket
- Insect Repellent
- Water Bottle
Team and League Benefits
Boise Braves MTB, Idaho League and NICA pass on many benefits to registered student-athletes. Check out http://www.nationalmtb.org/benefits/ and always check with our sponsors first when shopping for equipment.
While cycling can be a very affordable sport, it is not free. Kids grow, especially right after you bought that perfectly sized expensive gear. The team will be working toward keeping bikes and gear within the team when possible. If one student-athlete outgrew equipment from last season, we most certainly have another student-athlete it would fit perfectly. Post on the “Gear Exchange” page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in helping setup an equipment exchange day.